Thursday, May 1, 2014

Take a Stitch Tuesday


Stitches 75 to 79

Five more samples for TAST this week with Sharon b. at Pin Tangle

Sharon presents a new stitch challenge every week at Take a Stitch Tuesday.


TAST Stitches 75 to 79

After practicing the stitch around a 4” frame, I try to come up with a design using that stitch. Some of these were a bit of a challenge.

Stitch 75 – Woven Zig-zag Chain

I don't know if I did this one justice, not hard to do but it did take a good amount of time.

Woven Zig-zag Chain

Stitch 76 – Vandyke Stitch

I found this easy to do and I like how it looks.

Vandyke Stitch

Stitch 77 – Woven Cross Stitch

Really couldn't think what to do with one. Suppose the little crosses could have become flowers.

Woven Cross Stitch

Stitch 78 – Cloud Filling

Good filler, the hardest part is keeping the stitches at even distance.
Cloud Filling

Stitch 79 – Chained Cross Stitch

Had a hard keeping a straight line, I liked it curved better.

Chained Cross Stitch
I will link up to TAST at Pin Tangle 

Check out this site as well as the comments to see all the beautiful work going on there.

Happy Stitching,

Terry


1 comment:

Queeniepatch said...

The Vandyke stitch is really neat, I think you really need an even weave fabric for the Cloud Filling and I am impressed by your Chained Cross stitches on a curve - I need to try that one.