Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Take a Stitch Tuesday



Stitches 23 to 25 and Accordion Books

Three more samples for TAST with Sharon b. at Pin Tangle. http://pintangle.com/tast-faq/

Stitches 23, 24, 25,


Stitch 23 – Cable Chain Stitch

I thought this worked fairly well as a filler stitch. Needs blocking.


Cable Chain Stitch

Stitch 24 – Palestrina Stitch

Here, I tried different option while stitching the frame.

Palestrina Stitch

Stitch 25 – Bonnet Stitch

A little landscape,  should have tried using this stitch to couch some ribbon in place.

Bonnet Stitch

Accordion Books

I've decided to make little books from my samples for a stitch library. 

Accordion Books open & closed

After embroidering the name at the bottom of each sample using the alphabet stitches on my sewing machine, I glued them onto 6” cardboard squares and backed them with batik.

embroidered name of stitch at bottom of sample

I stitched 6 samples into each book, accordion style.


back of books

I will link up to TAST at Pin Tangle

Check out the comments to see all the beautiful work going on there.

And also The Needle and Thread Network  WiP Wednesday which features all Canadian blogs.

Happy Stitching,

Terry



9 comments:

Annet said...

You made some lovely samplers. The duck is great and maybe you can weave some ribbon under the stitches of your 3th sampler. Great idea to make an accordian book!

Rebecca said...

I am really enjoying your TAST posts, and think the accordion books are a brilliant idea.

Juno said...

Terry, your work is lovely. I love the accordion book, what a brilliant idea!

Juno said...

Terry, your work is lovely. I love the accordion book, what a brilliant idea!

Queeniepatch said...

The books are a lovely finishing touch for your stitches. Love the duck and its beak!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wow those are just adorable!!

Angela said...

I love your landscape! Very clever idea to put your samples into an accordion book!

Anonymous said...

I love your embroidery and I especially like the idea of making an accordian book with them. thanks so much for posting.

crazyQstitcher said...

I've come from Sharon's TAST comments,to check your accordion book am delighted to see your lovely samples.
What an attractive and clever way of keeping stitch records in your booklets.