Saturday, May 9, 2015

Canada, It's Provinces and Territories - The Blocks


I blogged about this quilt in my previous post, and this blog is all about the front and back of each block from Canada, It's Provinces and Territories.


Canada, It's Provinces and Territories
There is a lot of free motion quilting in this quilt (done on a domestic machine) and I have to say, it is my favourite part of making a quilt.

The inspiration for a lot of the quilting patterns are Leah Day designs.  Check out her 400+ designs at The Free Motion Quilting Project.

I made a few changes to the original patterns, added some 3-D elements to some blocks, and a few others as noted below.

Yukon
Yukon - back
Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island - back
Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia


Nova Scotia  - detail

Québec
I believe this pattern represents the weaving industry of Québec, the original was pieced, I decided to weave my strips instead. 

Québec - back
Ontario
Ontario back
Alberta
This was originally an 8" block which I changed to a 12" block so it may look slightly different.

Alberta - back
Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan - back
Saskatchewan - detail
British Columbia
The pattern for this block was originally one fish on a rectangular block, I added the second fish to fill in the 12" block.

British Columbia
British Columbia - detail
Manitoba

Manitoba - back



Newfoundland
Newfoundland

New Brunswick
New Brunswick - back

Northwest Territories and Nunavit



Northwest Territories and Nunavit
Canada, It's Provinces and Territories - back
Linking to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday and The Needle and Thread Network.


Happy Quilting,

Terry

1 comment:

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Very nice! Lots of work. You did a great job