Saturday, August 20, 2016

Imagine Monthly - Painter's Ecstasy

Painter's Ecstasy - March 2015 Workshop with Paivi Eerola

(see previous posts for January and February workshops)

This class was inspired by Friedensreich Hundertwasser, an Austrian artist and architect.  

I had never heard of Hundertwasser and immediately thought I can't do this.  

But after looking at hundreds of his paintings and buildings,  I decided to give it a try and then couldn't stop.

This time we used watercolours.

This is my first Hundertwasser to get the feel of the watercolours.

by Terry Whyte

And this was the actual spread following Paivi's lesson.


by Terry Whyte

Then I played around with a few more.

by Terry Whyte


by Terry Whyte


by Terry Whyte

I really like the spirals, so I just had to make a quilt.  This is a wallhanging measuring 35" x 35".  The strips were all cut on the bias using the continuous binding methods and were stitched on raw edged.

by Terry Whyte
Here's a close-up.

by Terry Whyte


Work in progress:

by Terry Whyte

About that time, the Englehart Area Artists were having a members' show and the theme was Artfully Recycled.  

Here is my entry: Hundertwasser Chair.

This chair has been around for a long time, came with an old cottage.  It was painted grey, with some red showing where the grey had worn off.  In places it was worn right down to the bare wood.  As you can see it is held together with metal rods and wire and has a few spindles missing.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  Anyways it's a fun chair now, with the solar system on the seat.

by Terry Whyte


by Terry Whyte


by Terry Whyte

Happy Quilting and painting,

Linking to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

Terry

1 comment:

Margaret Cooter said...

Wow, you've really caught the spirit of Hundertwasser!