Friday, June 29, 2012

Tag Placemats – 2012 UFO Challenge for June


Quilt # 93  

Number 12 - done!  


It is going to be a busy week-end, so I'm posting now and will link up to the June 2012 UFO Challenge tomorrow.  
Tag Placemat


The number picked by Judy Laquidara at Patchworks Time for June  was 12. 

 My number 12 was surely the easiest of all my UFOs. A few hours and all done. Do you ever wonder when you put things off when it is so easy to just get at it and do it.
5 placemats - front
A lot of my UFOs seem to be projects that I started while teaching a class and then just get put away never to surface again. This challenge is a great motivator. I'm trying really hard to get finished anything that I start now.

This placemat design was adapted from Dianne S. Hire pattern's “Chase”.

So here are my 5 placemats finished, 3 others were previously completed for a set of 8.

Two basic colour groups were selected – one for background and one for the unblocks (as Dianne S. Hire calls her technique) for the centre design.
close-up

Several blues were chosen for the background and bright batiks for the unblocks.

I used the pillowcase method and stitched a line along the edges to stabilize them.
placemat backs
Simple wiggly lines of quilting about an inch apart was all that was needed to get these off the UFO pile.


Have a great week-end.


Terry

No comments: