Friday, February 7, 2014

Art Prompt #4


ART PROMPT # 4 (using any kind of ink)

Birds on Halifax Boardwalk – Week 2

Prompt #4 was using any kind of ink and I had this project already painted with Tsukineko inks.

This was a project I started in a class with Pat Blair in 2012.

It is still a Work in Progress, with about a third of the quilting done.

This is where I'm at now.

birds and top of beam quilted

Here's a few close-up of the quilting.

first layer of thread

birds & top of beam quilted

first layer of thread on the rocks
I decided to used white thread on the white back of the quilt and it is giving me some grief.  I usually use the same thread on the top and bottom.  
Don't know if you don't try.
Add caption
See you next week,

Terry






NEXT WEEK'S ART PROMPT - same as last week - # 4 – USE ANY KIND OF INK

HERE'S MY PLAN

One prompt, one project (taking as long as required to finish the project)

It's OK to finish a previously started project (UFO)

Make something creative.

Use any Media.

Blog about the project every Friday.

Pick a prompt for the next week once the project is done.




2 comments:

Hilary Florence said...

Hi Terry,
One of the joys of people leaving messages on my blog is that in encourages me to go and look at their blog to see what they do. I love your art prompt idea and I am so tempted to join in - but I set myself the challenge of the 101 quilt cameos and also the challenge of entering many of the UK quilt competitions, so I think I'm busy enough. Maybe next year.
I've really enjoyed looking at the results of your prompts so far. Do you spend hours thinking about it, does an idea immediately present itself, or do you just jump in and see what happens?

Terry Whyte said...

Hi Hilary:
I wish I could say an idea present itself immediately but I usually have to let it simmer for bit. Lots of fun so far, but I don't want to have to rush, and that's why I'm on week 3 for prompt #4. Thanks for looking.
Terry