Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pape's Clematis


ART PROMPT - #6 - Week 3 – Use rubber stamps



Pape's Clematis
After last week's post, I let the ink dry overnight and then heat set it by pressing with an iron.

A little hand embroidery and all that was left to do was the quilting.

detail

I used Isacord thread for all of the quilting.

detail

The background has a simple diagonal grid.

background grid
I then stapled the quilt to an artist canvas.

I'm really pleased with the way the way it turned out and especially how well the colours show up.

I've registered for a printmaking workshop, so probably more stamped projects to come.



See you next week,

Terry

NEXT ART PROMPT - #7 – Use glue

HERE'S MY PLAN

One prompt, one project (taking as long as required to finish the project)

It's OK to finish a previously started project (UFO)

Make something creative.

Use any Media.

Blog about the project every Friday.

Pick a prompt for the next week once the project is done.




9 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Terry. Lovely piece. I particularly like the stamped background--simple and elegant.
best, nadia

Anonymous said...

I too;liked the tile stamping on the left. Very nice piece. Thanks for sharing. Ruth

deborah lyn said...

Beautiful Terry!

Nina Marie said...

ohhhh this is gorgeous!! I love the idea of stamping.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I just love this!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Beautiful. I love the block accents in the background -- great complement to the flowers!

Margaret said...

It's beautiful. The colours make me think of spring and we all need to do that!

Regina said...

Very elegant, the flowers seem life-like!

Jo Ferguson said...

Beautifully done. The hand embroidery really adds that special touch.