Thursday, February 3, 2011

Myah

front

Quilt #10


Last time, I posted Myah's Baby Quilt so you could see the connection with this Journal Quilt.


My challenge was to used the same fabrics in a totally different way.


I cut narrow strips at the frayed edges.


After layering the back, batting and top, and starting at the bottom end of the quilt sandwich, I stitched through all layers.


I used metallic thread in the bobbin to add a little interest to the back of the quilt.

Some of the strips go straight across, some on an angle to cover part of the previous strips.


A decorative stitch was added on the last (top) strip.


Zigzaged all edges but lifted bottom strip and zigzaged on the underneath layer.


I like the colour combination and I think there is enough contrast to make the quilt interesting.


The inspiration for this was “Striae 2” by Deborah Lacativa in Fabric Art Gallery (Leisure Arts Publication)

Date made: August 8, 2006


No comments: