Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Myah's Baby Quilt

Quilt #9

This quilt was made for my nephew's daughter, my great-niece Myah.

The baby's room had a fish theme, so I fussy-cut some fishes from a dark fabric and added 2 borders alternating between strippy fabric and either green or blue fabrics.


A skinny dark pink border framed the blocks.

I then cut rectangles from all the green or blue fabrics for the outside border.

The strippy fabric was used for the binding.

A little guess work here - I do not have the exact measurements of this quilt, but I think it twould be about 36” x 48” and it was made in 2006.

This is where is it so good to have labels – I now try to remember to include the size of the quilt as well as the quilt name, my name, where I live, the date completed. Any other interesting information can also be added.

I'm sure I made a label for this quilt but unfortunately did not take a picture of it.


When you take pictures of your quilt, take pictures of the front, back, a detail or two, and a close-up of the label.



No comments: