Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sammy's Quilt


Quilt Documentation #184

Sammy's Quilt


Quilts for Christmas


My personal quilting challenge for 2014 was to make a quilt for each one of my six grandchildren.

Sammy's Quilt is another scrap quilt and again I used one of Judy Laquidara's pattern from her Scrappy Challenge 2014.

This is #3 and it is the March block in Judy Laquidara's Scrappy Challenge 2014 at Patchworktimes. 

Here are two other setting options I considered:


























And this is the one I chose:

Sammy's Quilt - top, not quilted


This pattern only uses squares and half-square triangles. Here's a couple of close-ups so you can see the "puzzle quilting design":



























I chose  flannel for a cozy back.

Sammy's Quilt - back


And the label.  This quilt measures 59" x 84".



Three more to come.

Linking to The Needle and Thread Network

Happy Quilting,

Terry

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Fun quilt...so many wee squares, though, eh?! And I agree -- the setting you chose was perfect. He'll treasure it, I'm sure!