Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Take a Stitch Tuesday


Stitches 84 to 88

TAST Stitches 84 to 88


Four samples for TAST this week with Sharon b. at Pin Tangle

It has been a while since I did any embroidery samples. I love learning new stitches and seeing what can be done with them.

Sharon has been presenting a new stitch challenge every week at Take a Stitch Tuesday.
She is presently taking a breather but has promised to returned if there is enough interest.

There are now 140 stitches to choose from, so I still have over 50 to catch up.

After practicing the stitch around a 4” frame, I try to come with a design using that stitch.

Stitch 84 – Spiked Knotted Cable Chain


This stitch is easy once you get into the swing of it. The stitches in the border are the actual stitch. I think adding the french knots to the paisley shape makes it more interesting.

Spiked Knotted Cable Chain

Stitch 85– Raised Cup

I really like this stitch. Who would have thought you started with a triangle. I made the border by wrapping in the same way on straight stitches. I like the lumpy bumpy looks of it.

Raised Cup


Stitch 86 – Turkman Stitch

This stitch is nice whether in a straight or circular line.

Turkman Stitch


Stitch 87 – Buttonhole Picot (Version 1) made with Bullion Knot
Stitch 88 – Buttonhole Picot (Version 2) made with Chain


I found these stitches difficult to make, especially version one. It will definitely be version two if I make this again.

Buttonhole Picot (Version 1 and 2) 




Check out this site as well as the comments to see all the beautiful work going on there.

Happy Stitching,

Terry


2 comments:

Annet said...

Great samplers, love the grapes!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

this is very interesting